, , , , ,

OOTD & MOTD | Casual Friday + My Sixth Form Experience

8/14/2015 07:10:00 pm


Hey guys! How are you all doing? ^_^

Yesterday was Alevel Results Day, I remember that this time last year, the night before was quite daunting. Or I'm not sure.. I think I was quite chilled in a way.. haha or was more chilled this year for my university results? XD  I think after receiving the UCAS notification that I got into my desired university, I was very relieved in a way that I didn't really care about what I got- in terms of results wise. 

Anything to do with the FUTURE or education... I am actually quite the aware type. Definitely get stressed over even the littlest things and maybe have a cry about it. I've had the most scariest rollercoaster ride during my sixth form years, maybe because I wasn't very attentive of what was coming straight after GCSEs. I basically didn't work very hard in my first year, until results came then BAM it hit me. I've never felt so ashamed of myself. This lesson hit me hard and I know that this will teach me that nothing will come the easy way unless I work hard. Afterwards, I worked super hard, never was a day where the guilt didn't hit me. And I did it. I ended up with AABBC, which I was very very happy with. ^_^ 

My dream of going to University has accomplished and now I'm about to enter 2nd year! I don't mean to be braggish about my achievements but I've definitely went through the lowest of the low, meaning that miracles can happen if one works hard. I can't wait for all the challenges that are about to come, it'll prove that determination and dedication can really change a person's mindset into wanting to achieve their goals. 

I cannot EVER forget all of those friends, family members or loved ones who has encouraged me to be a better, independent person. Throughout these painful years, I've definitely learnt alot and if you're also experiencing things like bad grades or stressful times.. just know that there's ALWAYS a light towards the end of anything. Know that you're not alone and you'll always learn something from it. So remember there's always someone who may help you out, maybe hear their advice on what you could do. 

Obviously University is not a piece of cake. I didn't expect my first year to entail so much work o.o Mainly because Architecture has alot of constructive criticism from tutors, I then may have taken them too personally into improving myself. The lessons I've learnt in working hard on previous years may have reflected upon the way I work at Uni. I actually think I overwork myself sometimes. I see some of my friends relaxing most of the time and that makes me question myself why I don't sleep early, why do I stay up for too long, why does my skin look so bad etcetc. 

Therefore.. I guess there's never a RIGHT way to do things. I think I just really need to work on my routine a little bit more for year 2- sleep enough, eat healthier, do jogging with flatmate regularly, buy healthier food, restrict from takeaways eatings with friends, do as much work as possible during the day ETCETC. (hehe sorry for rambling.)

BUT yeah. That's basically a summary of me and my sixthform experience + an insight of my uni life. hehe. WORK HARD & STAY HUMBLE!  Moving on, here's my OOTD!















Today was quite a chilled friday, so I thought I'd wear my new favourite casual Tee that I got recently from Stradivarius, it says daydreamer believer which I find quite cute ^_^ I quite like the denim skirt look along with tshirts, and then a pair of nude sandals with cute gems at the front. 

Sometimes I like to make myself ready for the day anyway even if I'm at home. I do let my skin breathe without the makeup but it makes me feel happy when I do dress up alittle. 

MAKEUP
SUNBLOCK: Bioré UV Aqua Rich Water Gel
FOUNDATION: Naked Skin Urban Decay Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup
MASCARA: Majolica Majorca Lash Expander + Maybelline Lash Sensational
EYELINER: Etude House Oh m' eyeline (holygrail)
BROWS: Maybelline Browdrama Medium Brown
Elf Eyebrow Kit
LIPS: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint- PK002


OUTFIT
TSHIRT: Stradivarius
SKIRT: Primark
SANDALS: Primark


Here I'm just being silly with my brother's cap xD

Have a great week ahead of you!

Thank you for dropping by ^_^ <3


P.S. Could any of you recommend me any CIRCLE LENSES to buy online that are great yet affordably cheap? ^_^ I've NEVER tried them and would love some ! I've seen some fellow bloggers with lovely lenses and I'd love to try them too! <3 Many thanks <3

Much Love

xoxoxox

You Might Also Like

53 comments

  1. You look so pretty! I love your blog and style :D xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for a follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa you took 5 A levels? What subjects? o.o

    Oohh for circle lenses, you can check out http://www.pinkyparadise.com/ Almost everyone buys them from there haha :3

    Also you look super cute in your brother's cap omg <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I did hehe, I took Art, Product Design, Health & Social Care, Psychology and Chinese ^_^ hehe quite alot yes.

      Thank youu Nana ^_^ <3

      Delete
  3. dimples!! dimples are cute.
    i know nothing about makeup but your eyeliner is nice... lol

    and university... university is no joke but you shouldn't 'beat' yourself over it. just work harder :)
    personally, i think listening to what the professors say in class help a lot with the exams... idk if that helps but i suck at reading from textbooks (even though i prefer it) but usually what professors say end up on exams... (no idea how that helps) BUT... good luck :D

    Judy | Simply MiuYee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank youu Judy ^_^ Yesyes i think i shouldn't do that and maybe focus + work hard :D <3

      Delete
  4. cant believe the sandals are from primark, they are so pretty!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit, I especially love the shoes!! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great in that casual outfit & I love your make-up, it's very light and perfect for summer :)

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your achievements! I can totally relate to what you wrote. Sometimes when we try the first time and don't succeed, we feel terrible, but hard work will eventually pay off. Remember to enjoy yourself and have fun. Get plenty of sleep too!!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous outfit my dear, you look really cool :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so beautiful girl ♥
    I'm following you on gfc, hope you'll follow back so we can keep in touch ♥ xx, Veni

    Style with Veni | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful! Lovely outfit and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your blog, it's amazing!
    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and keep in touch? :)
    http://mirandabeautyworld.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just received my ASlevel results on Thursday, and I can't say they were the greatest! What did you do to work so hard and get amazing grades? Teach me your ways! ^_^;;
    Minae ♥ Minaekei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much! ^_^ hope yours went well, I guess everyone has to go through some sort of rainfall however you should know that the rainbow will come out soon ^_^ Just work your hardest, use your free periods wisely, do pre-reading before you go to any class. Make sure that everyday after college you revise so when the exam is near, you'll be more familiar with your notes ^_^ definitely DEFINITELY do all the past papers that is available for you and don't forget to ask help when it is needed :D
      Oh! AND do not overwork yourself. Maybe have some time off to do your favourite things like shopping to ease your mind ^_^


      <3 thank you so much for reading and commenting ^_^

      Delete
  13. Cute shirt. Gotta love a casual outfit.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm the opposite; worked my butt off for AS but had downfalls in A2 and so it messed everything up for me -.-" But lessons can only be learnt the hard way for history to not repeat itself again :) From this post alone, I can tell that you're a really hard worker and you well deserve all the great achievements! ^__^

    Again, outfit on point! I'm absolutely loving that raglan top - do you have a link to it?

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hun I totalllly feel you! It's so true though, I think overworking is kind of my response to not wanting history to be repeated again. Aww you're so sweet. Yes I kinda admit I'm not much of a clever person but I'm a hardworker :D

      Many thanks! <3 And I got this in Westfield shopping centre in a shop called Stradivarius! So I'm sorry that I don't have a link :(

      Delete
  15. Good luck on your university life dear :)
    I wish you all the best :)
    Btw-- i love your denim skirt-- so cute

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu Zarrah ^_^ aha I LOVE any type of skirts <3

      Delete
  16. Good luck in Uni ;) Love your outfit ♥♥

    Mish | Mishs Diary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your blog!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know at my page:)

    xoxo

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on passing first of uni - I actually just graduated! It's funny, the same thing happened to me during A-Level's as what happened to you - I didn't work very hard during AS either and got terrible results, but worked super hard in year 13 and ended up with ABB! Hard work does pay off! I really love your ringer tee here, I am obsessed with them at the moment!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank youu Alice! Congratulations to youu on graduating *_* wow! it's amazing what a little downfall can do to you, isn't it ;) Thank you so much for dropping by, you're very sweet! <3

      Delete
  19. You're so cute >w<
    I love your top so much <3

    http://worldismagiiic.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome outfit, all perfectly match, I love it. You look so pretty, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're so cute, Lauren! Love the little logo top.
    Congrats in getting in to your 2nd year! :)

    Paula | Lifestyle & Laffs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and making my day ^ ^ I appreciate every single comment and will get back to you ASAP!

Feel Free to leave your blog link here and I will visit your blog too ^ ^

P.S. I do not do Follow for Follow. I will only follow if I personally like your blog ^_^

Much Love

xoxo

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Instagram