SELF-IMPROVEMENT GOALS TO ACHIEVE.

7/12/2015 07:38:00 pm




Rather than being the busy Lauren as I usually am, I've been quite free lately even when I've got a job. I've been doing alot of spare thinking and just thought that I'd summarise stuff in my blog :)

I am quite the overthinker, which makes it sometimes very overwhelming for myself to handle. I'd wish I'm not the sort that would care about what others think about me, whether they like me or hate me.. this is something that I'd want to re-evaluate.

PEOPLE. Like I said earlier, there's going to be people who will change, who will leave you, stop talking to you. And perhaps, despise you- which is completely fine. You were not born in order to be a people-pleaser. Think of all those who go out their way to speak to you, care for you or ask how you're doing. I just think there are so many problems that revolve around people. If only us human nature wasn't so complicated. Just don't give a DAMN to those annoyance or be so sensitive sometimes -_-

FORGIVE. Learn to forgive. It lets off the heavy weight lifting off your chest, and makes life so much easier. Not that there is anyone that is sorry towards me or I am sorry for, but for future reference- it's a great feeling to let go of grudges and just forget it.

ENDURANCE. I'd totally say this is one of my weaknesses. I've given into so much pride and dignity- I just need to pause and rethink. Sometimes you just got to absorb and take it in. Maybe it's for the best. AND MOVE ON. But don't do it in a way that suppresses everything.

STAY TRUE. Stop conforming to things that you may not necessary like. Don't do it or merely like it just because you want to stay in the crowd and try to fit in. Be honest with your own self. :)

TREAT PEOPLE LIKE HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. Much self explanatory, give respect to others in how you want to be reciprocated back.

STAY HUMBLE. Why should you show how affected you are when you get into a not-so-good situation. Keeping up your class is key. Know your place, your worth and appreciate other's greatness.

YOU'RE NOT FOREVER ALONE. Just because you're not really occupied with a significant other, doesn't mean this won't change later on. Remind yourself that it's ok, you're still young- no need to rush into things. There's ALOT more to life than to get yourself into a relationship. Although at times you want to feel loved, want someone to accompany you- chances are... it's not going to last. You're going to once again fall into their pitfall trap and cry until you can't deal with life no more. XD JOKE HAHA. Just being realistic, there's many things that I need to learn to cope with myself before I love someone else. Hopefully the time will come ^ _ ^

WORK HARD. Anything from going the extra mile will get you somewhere. Trust! You've got allllll the time and strength for you to get there, just never give up and stay strong ;) ARCHITECTURE YEAR 2 HERE I COMEEEEE :D !

BE HAPPY. Much of the times I tend to forget that I'm still young, I need to be happy with life that I'm living. Remember that although I may not be the richest, cleverest or coolest person in the world. I'm rich because I am able to live with my family and all sit round the table to have dinner, I am able to be educated, able to survive and have amazing family and friends. :D That's all that matters! Being happy gives such a big impact on yourself but also on others. Obviously people would love to hang out with you even more if there are good vibes surrounding you ^ ^



Wearing: Bohemian Shirt from H&M



Sorry for the lack of blogposts lately!

Hope you're all well :D!

Comment down below on what your goals you'd want to achieve!

Much Love,

xoxoxoxoxox

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. This is a great post >O< I didn't know you are majoring to be an Architecture! I still don't know what I want to major in but time is closing in QAQ I really like how you did that effect on your photo as well :>

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute in those photos ;u; <3 Good luck with achieving your goals! The sentence "I'm rich because I am able to live with my family and all sit round the table to have dinner.." really got me. Wise words Lauren :')

    NICOLE'S NOTEBOOK - lifestyle, food, travel & beauty+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you nicole! and yess I LOVE that quote so much! <3 thanks again ^ ^

      Delete
  3. great post!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? let me know
    kisses
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post really enjoyed reading it~ I'm also one of those people who over thinks things even the unnecessary things lol its soo bad but I think I learnt to just go on with life and everyday is a new day.

    loved this post xxx
    http://heeeysindy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these, they're definitely a great list! I think some of my goals would be to not have such high expectations of myself and others all the time, and accept that mistakes (and life) happens.

    Angelina Is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Angelina ! it's relatable isn't it :)

      Delete
  7. This is really good post. I agree with you. Sometimes I always over think or think too much.., which makes me feel so crazy and cant breath. I'd wish I'm not the sort that would care about what others think about me, whether they like me or hate me.. but its so difficult for me to change my character.

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and g+? If you follow me & I will follow back after it.
    thank you.
    Www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know hun, it's so hard to not think about what others think about own self.. but at the end of the day only YOURSELF matters and not what others perceive in. Thank you so much for dropping by ^ ^

      Delete
  8. I think being happy is something I forget to do a lot. I'm future oriented. I live for the future, I work for the future, I just focus so much on the future that I tend to forget I still live in the present, and that while the future may change, the present will pass away in a second. Because of this, I don't think I've ever found true happiness; I get so stressed, so worried, so confused and so preoccupied that I just don't have time to really really be happy.

    This was really great list, and cheers to being young and self improvement!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much May! Yes, most of the time we tend to think about what's presently hurting us, subconsciously forgetting all the good things in life. It's all about being positive I guess!
      <3 THANKS FOR DROPPING BY !

      Delete
  9. this is such a great post. i hope we all can achieve our self-improvement goals. good luck to you :)


    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a super blog! I like it very much
    maybe follow for follow? :)
    Kisses from Poland <3
    ayuna-chan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Overthinking is always a killer for me, I just do it way more than I need to. I used to care about what people though about me, so much that if you met me now, you'd think I'm a totally different person. Now, I just don't care what people think and do what makes me happy. I mean after all it's YOUR life and everything that happens in it is experienced by you and no one else can ever understand fully the things that you go through. Although as you said people change and sometimes I think it's for the best :)

    http://kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww its so true. Overthinking leads to ALOT of other factors. It's insane how much one little matter can span out to a dramatic thought. I totally agree with you, we've got to learn to think about our own selves first before anyone else's.
      Thank you so much Kelly ^ ^ <3

      Delete
  12. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I’m following you now on GFC (45)

    Have a nice day.
    Julia x
    Fashion Inspiration Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these tips, working hard is important and learning how to forgive is essential too. Life is too short to hold grudges. Have a great day :)

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agrreeee with you hun! thank you and you too <3

      Delete
  14. Great post, just followed, You have a really nice blog!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips, have a good week lovely lady.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so many useful tips! Great Jobs! :D

    danielpoonvignez.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww such an inspiring post! ^^
    Completely agree you with everything said~ good luck with the self improvement :')

    http://mishcheungx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great post !! I think all things you mentioned are important to self improve and honestly you sound soo mature! I wish I could work on myself too (especially about not being a people pleaser and ignoring annoying people and comments) and just get more self confidence. I think this list is so nice and I think everyone should try following this list haha :3 ♡

    Mindy ♡
    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and making my day ^ ^ I appreciate every single comment and will get back to you ASAP!

Feel Free to leave your blog link here and I will visit your blog too ^ ^

P.S. I do not do Follow for Follow. I will only follow if I personally like your blog ^_^

Much Love

xoxo

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Instagram