deep talk #3- It's okay to be disliked.

6/18/2015 11:41:00 pm


I've come across a subject that I've been questioning myself..is that, there will be someone who will dislike you, it's hard to accept but it's ok. What made me suddenly came up with this was when I flipped through my old messages on Facebook, I've realised how much effort that I've put into those conversations, talking to my 'friends' or guys that I've used to 'crush upon', however none of it seemed to have reciprocated. Crushes ARE called crushes for a reason I guess haha. And also- I also dislike some people too. So it's okay.. right? 

My mind likes to make me feel even more miserable during the nighttimes, especially within this period of time where I'm kinda lost with what to do at home apart from watching TV, browse the internet and just procrastinate. This is mainly why I've been trying to chase many job opportunities in town... just to keep myself busy and mind off things- and yet tomorrow is another interview !! Yay.

I think I tend to overthink things, make small situations even worse. I mean when I've tried to overwrite the not-so-good memories of some people from the past by doing random gestures on social media. I might not have remembered fully what the past of some people could be, however I'm eager to make a difference. Occasionally I dream about myself talking to these friends who I haven't spoken to in a long time (or just think something is wrong between us).

I know it sounds quite creepy to suddenly make a move on them, but I've always thought that, if I don't make a change to something between the so-called 'friendship' there will nothing that's adjusted in my worried mind. My godfather always told me, it's never wrong to make an effort to a friend. When they're your friends, ANY sort of effort counts- and I believe in that.

For example, I found a friend who I used to speak to/talk to when we were young. I mean we were facebook friends however we never really spoke nowadays. I followed her on Instagram and liked some of her photos, however she didn't follow back. I mean maybe I don't post things that would have suited her liking or something, but I felt a sudden heartbreak because I've honestly got out of my way to seem to change things between us. 

Sometimes, I really wonder what's going on with me, why do I get so upset by these little things. 
It's best to clarify to myself, that it's okay.. to be disliked.

 I've tried my best to be the best version of myself, not being myself would be out of character.

Even though the past drags me on and doesn't let me move on, I need to move forward- to look forward to the future. 

There are so many things that I need to anticipate, so many things to be happy for- rather than be gloomy. 

I hope you guys don't mind me sharing my thoughts on here, I feel that all your comments really help me to become a better person, to think in a positive way. 

Sorry for the deep post ^_^ 

Please comment down below on how you've dealt with this, how do you move on from it, how you'd handle my sort of situation and 
do you also agree that it's okay to be disliked?

 I'd love to know! 

Thank youu!

Much Love

xoxox


You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. sometimes I feel the same, why people change? haha but people always do, family, friends even bf/gf .they like and then become hate. We used to talk everyday but suddently stop talking without reasons. Did I make mistakes? Why people change but I still the same? It makes me going crazy, but we have to deal with this situation, because sometime we also dislike other people. We cant change other mind to like us back. haha.
    anw good luck for ur interview

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness! Tori you spoke my mind! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! ^_^

      Thank you for your words, and I do agree that people change.

      <3 thanks once again for dropping by! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I've gone through a similar situation with one of my best friends, so I know how you feel. We tried to reconnect, but then she switched schools and has new friends that she hangs out with. I do wish I could change everything, but I know that she's happy, and although it's hard to accept, I'm happy she's happy. I really liked reading this and reading your other posts, you're really great <33

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omgg no one has ever said this to me before! thank you! I like to be able to freely express myself here, it really does release alot of stress1 ^_^ I'm so glad someone also speaks the truth that people do change, and it's the same feeling with finding it hard to accept.

      Thank you so much for dropping by!
      <3

      Delete
  3. This is a really inspiring post and kept me thinking about many things. It's a pity to drift apart from someone you used to be so close to. I always thought it was my busy school life that affected one of my close friendship, but it all comes down to effort. We live near each other and there's no excuse of 'Too busy to meet'. Right now, I'm really anticipating the new challenges since I'll be entering uni soon :)

    Grace
    http://g-why.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I definitely believe in effort because that's how you maintain great friendship! Oh, good luck in entering uni !! Best of luckk ^_^ thanks for dropping by here ^_^

      Delete
  4. I like so much your post, I think the same, if it's a really friendship we can find always the time to meet each other. I always prefer to speak a true and maybe will be not acceptedby each others. I prefer it. :-)

    http://www.mundodecaty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ yesyes, I guess meeting up one to one would've been better for the friendship

      Delete
  5. I also feel like this sometimes. I feel like a person doesn't like me and looks down on me and I have never done anything wrong to that person. This makes me really sad as I begin to feel that it's all my fault and there is something wrong with me! Lovely post :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! I feel the exact same! I don't know what I've done wrong and it's so painful to suppress everything inside :( Which then leads to overthinking etc etc

      Delete
  6. I love this post. It's very inspiring and I feel like this too sometimes. I think the exact same thing happened to me regarding an old friend either on Facebook or Instagram and I felt disheartened. I guess people change.

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( it does hurt to know when someone you thought you knew did this to you! I feel you hun! :( But it's ok girl, there are many more other friends in our lives that will stay true! ^_^

      Delete
  7. thanks so much for this post. also, I nominated you for the liebster award. check out the details on my blog http://www.lipstickandlaughter.com/2015/06/liebster-award-discovering-new-blogs.html .. :) loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly aren't the only person feeling this way. I think it's because you are a very sentimental person and have high expectations of people you consider to be important in your life. I used to be like that and get upset when people don't treat me the same (good) way I treat them. As I age, I learnt that not all things get reciprocated. You have tried your best so don't think too much about it. It could be that they are just so preoccupied with other things in their life now that don't seem to care. Learn to let go a bit and good luck for your interviews! :)

    https://sartorialisttoujours.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and making my day ^ ^ I appreciate every single comment and will get back to you ASAP!

Feel Free to leave your blog link here and I will visit your blog too ^ ^

P.S. I do not do Follow for Follow. I will only follow if I personally like your blog ^_^

Much Love

xoxo

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Instagram