✿ AUGUST FAVOURITES / REVIEW ♥

8/29/2014 05:47:00 pm


It's reaching towards the end of August and I have to say I found many things that I have been LOVING ✿ 

Since this is my first ever favourites blog post, I'm going to talk about quite abit of products that I have been loving for a long time ^_^ Recently I came back from the trip of Dubai, Hong Kong and Korea and I picked up some amazing beauty and skincare products that I have adored! Korea and Hong Kong hands down has the best range of affordable makeup AND skincare, I couldn't pass a shop without picking some stuff haha 

Shops range from Etude House, Nature Republic, Tony Moly etc. I wished I had more time and (of course money) to shop there =( There are also products from my go-to online shop EBAY haha- trust me they have good things on there! ^^ And also I'll be talking about some non beauty related things that I love too :DDD






Anyways~! Here are some of the beauty products that I have enjoyed using this month :D 

Tony Moly Tiny Tint Delight- 01 Cherry Pink
Purchase Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tonymoly-Delight-Tony-Tint-3Color-9ml-Korea-cosmetics-/271345201663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f2d6f31ff


I am definitely a lip tint girl. I love anything liptint. Since I am a student and kinda cutting down on paying big prices on makeup, I chose this alternative to Benefit's Benetint, (BUT I WILL GET MY HANDS ON IT ONE DAY!) haha. Anyways, sorry for the blurry pic but I am loving this product for summer. Alot of people that I know aren't really into loud colours or bright colours for an everyday look. But personally for me, I love this look, guess I was just inspired by many Koreans wearing this look as seen in KDrama Boys Over Flower's Geum Jan Di. 

I think it looks really attractive on her lips, making it look soft and natural! ^_^ What I also love about liptints is that it is buildable. For a more natural, subtle look, you could just apply a tiny amount and it would be good for the day! And if you want a more bright and bold look, more can be applied :D! Personally the only disappointing thing about this is that it requires some moisture. I put abit EOS lipbalm on my lips first and then apply the liptint. I would say the lasting power is amazing I can go through 6-7 hours without applying anything and my lips would still appear to have a pinkish sheen. I'd give this product a 9/10, as I absolutely LOVE it. ♥ 


Etude House Oh~ m'Eye Line- #1 Black 
Purchase Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Etude-House-Oh-mEye-Line-AD-Eyeliner-5ml-1-Black-BELLOGIRL-/290941072182




Plz don't judge my face trol- I love this eyeliner. This was one of the most affordable products from Etude House. I'd definitely recommend it as it is really bold and relatively easy to apply. However I'd say the only bad thing is, is that it takes abit long than felt- tip liners to dry. BUT for it's affordable price and clean yet chic packaging, it really can't go wrong. I would give this product an 8/10. 

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner Black- July 2014 Issue GLAMOUR Magazine 
Purchase here: http://www.eyeko.com/eyeko-skinny-liquid-eyeliner


 Speaking of eyeliners, here's another one. Amazing. Just fabuuulous. Love the colour pay off and the time it takes to dry. Just LOVELY. This was meant in my July favourites as well, aha I got this eyeliner through the amazing magazine GLAMOUR. The mag was at a bargain of £2 and it comes with an Eyeko eyeliner, which retails price at £12, I couldn't resist not to buy two of them. I wished they still do these, however I got this during the July holidays, and would have most probably sold out =(. I definitely think they are worth it for £12, with excellent application and long lasting smudge proof finish. It really does what it says! ^-^ 10/10 ♥ 

Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick #9 
Purchase Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETUDE-HOUSE-Bling-Bling-Eye-Stick-5-Color-1-4g-Korea-cosmetic-/310720239941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item48585e9945  




This glitter eyeshadow stick in #9 has been my go-to item. It give a really nice natural look onto my tear duct areas. I like to apply a little on the corner of my eyes for a slight POP ^_^ This was also very affordable in Etude House, definitely a good buy! :D I wished I picked some other shades > < anyway it was a 9/10 for me :D




 Make up Brushes Set Foundation Blending Blusher Kabuki Brush Set 10 Pcs
Purchase Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151366420561?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&var=450541888182&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT





I will later do a full review on these lovely brushes. I love them. They are 10 affordable brushes at £7.99 with excellent delivery. I got these from ebay, however some people may think that it is unreliable to buy from this site. Though I seriously think they can be comparable to high-end makeup brushes like Sigma or Mac. For £7.99, these bad boys can't go wrong. For purchasing on ebay, I definitely think it's worth it as sellers tend to not allow negative feedback from products and would definitely get back to you if there are any troubles with the product you have received! 

I have had no shedding and these bristles are to die for. They are soooo soooo soft and brush hairs are synthetic, along with the handle material of wood. I chose the one in white as it looked very sleek and professional looking. I would definitely recommend these for those who wants to find a more affordable alternatives to high end brushes ^_^ I give these 10/10 ♥  


Skin Care Products 


Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel 
Purchase Here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NATURE-REPUBLIC-Soothing-Moisture-Aloe-Vera-92-Soothing-Gel-300mL-/230910994732



This product gave me a wow when I got it. These were promoted in high streets of Myeong-dong in Korea and I really wanted to try it out. It was priced at a really affordable price (cheaper than the price from the ebay link above) At such a small price it gave me a LOT of product. (which would last me months) 

 When I got home I realised there is a lot of functions to this tub of goodness! It has been my go- to skin care product as it has given me moisture and it does not cake my face. I would definitely give this a 9/10 as I think it can get unhygienic with the use of fingers since it's such a big tub. 


Non Beauty/ Skin Care Related Products/Things/Review



Have you WATCHED THIS? haha bit late on talking about this movie but I think I watched this movie on the plane like 5 times. SO GOOD REALLY have no description to say incase I spoil it for you guys. Just one word. HOT. 

Trailer Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sutgWjz10sM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 
 Theo James played the character Four in this movie, HAHA found this picture and thought it was funny xD


Thank you for reading my August Favourites ^-^ 
Please leave comments on what I should write about next.

Much Love,

Lauren X x x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. LOVE YOUR POST ! You are definitely obsessed with divergent (; The bling bling eyestick looks amazing ! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES I'm kinda writing this so you get the idea on how much I love it. You'll love it too! <3 xx Thank youuuuuu darleng X x

      Delete
  2. You are SO pretty! Loved reading this! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you darling, and you too! hoped you had a nice day :* xx

      Delete
  3. This was a great post! I've never heard of most of those beauty brands, it was so interesting getting to read your reviews! :)

    -Jessica

    http://sweetnessandsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg girl thank you for your beautiful comment. I hope one day you'll come across some of these Korean brands. Definitely worth a try ;) <3 Thank you once again xxxx

      Delete
  4. Great picks! Ahh you're so pretty, it's not fair haha! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you but nooo ! You're gorgeous ! Let me check out your blog xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting and making my day ^ ^ I appreciate every single comment and will get back to you ASAP!

Feel Free to leave your blog link here and I will visit your blog too ^ ^

P.S. I do not do Follow for Follow. I will only follow if I personally like your blog ^_^

Much Love

xoxo

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Instagram